Exhaust modification
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Exhaust modification

This is a discussion on Exhaust modification within the Kia Forte Turbo Performance forums, part of the Kia Forte Turbo Garage category; Hi, I'm new on the forum and I'm the owner of a kia forte 5 sx 2018 and I would like to change my exhaust ...

Thread: Exhaust modification

Member #
    Member #

Exhaust modification

Hi, I'm new on the forum and I'm the owner of a kia forte 5 sx 2018 and I would like to change my exhaust to get a better sound something not too loud more like an audi rs3 but I dont know what I should do.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Welcome to the forum!

The 2.5L inline 5 rs3? That will be tough. 5 cylinders have a very distinctive sound. I agree, they said great but it'll be tough to do. Especially since it also have 50% more displacement than us...
    Also, IMO, the rs3 has pretty aggressive sounding exhaust.

What I have done and feel like is perfect for me is only replacing the midpipe. It's cheap and eliminates the 2nd cat. So there's a little power gain and I feel like it sounds much more aggressive.

You can find a bunch of videos and stuff here - https://www.forteturbo.org/forum/19-...st-thread.html

From what I've found, when you modifiy our exhaust it starts to sound like a little turbo diesel. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Pretty distinctive but maybe a bit surprising.

Member #
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by lephoenix View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

The 2.5L inline 5 rs3? That will be tough. 5 cylinders have a very distinctive sound. I agree, they said great but it'll be tough to do. Especially since it also have 50% more displacement than us...
    Also, IMO, the rs3 has pretty aggressive sounding exhaust.

What I have done and feel like is perfect for me is only replacing the midpipe. It's cheap and eliminates the 2nd cat. So there's a little power gain and I feel like it sounds much more aggressive.

You can find a bunch of videos and stuff here - https://www.forteturbo.org/forum/19-...st-thread.html

From what I've found, when you modifiy our exhaust it starts to sound like a little turbo diesel. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Pretty distinctive but maybe a bit surprising.
    Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ForteTurbo.org
    Advertisements

PLP
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    331 times
    Man, no way to get this awesome 5 inline sound from a 4 banger.

5 straight I think has the nicest sound. It is not too rumble like 4 boxer, but more distinct than V8.

Anyway, exhaust mods are hard to do due to very personal needs. Adding down pipe makes it more whistle like sound from the turbo spool, changing muffler will add some sound... but again, it is very hard to assess. Even with a video.
    And the problem is you cannot just try it on and return

I never modified exhaust as I found it too risky. Did not want to have a drone.

But yeah, follow the tread and it may take you somewhere.
    Drives:
    2016 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, A/T ("cheap GTI" - surprises many drivers) - SOLD...
    2014 FIAT 500e (my first EV - awesome toy!!)
    2015 AUDI Q5 (for wife...)
    2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD with Roof and Beats (for wife)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    The exhaust sound got a little louder and deeper after gutting the second cat convertor.
    https://www.forteturbo.org/forum/19-...at-delete.html
    2016 SX Silver
    Build Date 4/16
    In Service 2/13/17

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors