Out of warranty car is dying
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Out of warranty car is dying within the Kia Forte Turbo Maintenance forums, part of the Kia Forte Turbo Garage category; Hi guys been out of warranty for 3 month and already 1500$ in. Got a forte koup sx 2014 with 100k km (60k miles) First ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Out of warranty car is dying

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Hi guys been out of warranty for 3 month and already 1500$ in.

Got a forte koup sx 2014 with 100k km (60k miles)

First the fuel pump went out 2 months out of warranty at 95k (my car is 5 year 2 months old at this point). Cost me 870$ to replace

The engine died again yesterday on me while driving. Check engine was flashing and had the car towed to Kia.

4 new sparks plug and 450$ after they find the problem with cylinder 3 fuel injector.

The engine is having multiple misfire code (Kia Forte P0303: Cylinder 3) also P0300 KIA - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

They wanted another 700$ to remove carbon buildup, new fuel injector on cylinder, new gasket , new high pressure fuel line.

The car at the moment run on 3 cylinders and is shaking like crazy on idle and after 40mph the shaking is not bad.

Now the rate of stealership is way to high and I know my way a little around engine so I think I can replace my injector by myself (Shouldn't be more complicated than changing spark plug).

Have anyone ever changed their own fuel injector here?

Part for fuel injector is 353102B120. Should I change only one or all of them at the same time?

Also is aftermarket injector OK? 50% of the price of OEM.

Some tips would appreciated on maintenance because I'm starting to go crazy. my car is worth 11k and I'm near 2k repair in 2 months...

Charles
    Last edited by charlesquik; 10-17-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    This forum isn't that active but I know how annoying it is to not get responses on this type of thing so...

Have anyone ever changed their own fuel injector here? Not that I know of...

Part for fuel injector is 353102B120. Should I change only one or all of them at the same time? They don't look cheap. I would probably just do one unless someone told me to do them all. Although, doing them all would prevent doing it again anytime soon.

Also is aftermarket injector OK? 50% of the price of OEM. It's probably OK but OEM may be the safer bet. Are you just trying to get back on the road or are you trying to restore performance?

I did a quick search elsewhere, this was all I found.
    "its involved...had to remove, intake,catch can,bumper,cold pipe/fittings, throttle body,numerous plugs that are hard to reach/unconnect, serp belt,alternator to swing forward to make room to remove the fuel rail, rad hoses, 4 hoses off the back, 1 of which is coolant from the oil cooler/filter mount. Lots of small odds and ends...removing and installing the injectors themselves only took about 20 min tops...ended up being a 10+ hour day with painting the cold pipe and intake black, and front emblem black as well."

https://www.velosterturbo.org/thread...-2#post-275050

Seems like a lot of work just for injectors but I've never pulled any on a DI engine.

Sorry to not really be that much help.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lephoenix View Post
    "its involved...had to remove, intake,catch can,bumper,cold pipe/fittings, throttle body,numerous plugs that are hard to reach/unconnect, serp belt,alternator to swing forward to make room to remove the fuel rail, rad hoses, 4 hoses off the back, 1 of which is coolant from the oil cooler/filter mount. Lots of small odds and ends...removing and installing the injectors themselves only took about 20 min tops...ended up being a 10+ hour day with painting the cold pipe and intake black, and front emblem black as well."
    Wow this is for the veloster, I hope this is not the same for the forte.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ForteTurbo.org
    Advertisements

PLP
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    331 times
    Looks to me like lack of maintenance.

Spark plugs are I believe 45k miles on this one. Maybe even 30k.
    Carbon buildup - one could remove it, but it takes some effort and knowledge.

Fuel pump. That's a weird one... Especially that shortly after that you have more issues piling up. I'd suspect the pump was OK, but actually was something else causing the issue.
    Drives:
    2016 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, A/T ("cheap GTI" - surprises many drivers) - SOLD... Some OEM and aftermarket parts left after... see my FS thread in market section.
    2014 FIAT 500e (my first EV - awesome toy!!)
    2015 AUDI Q5 (for wife...)
    2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD with Roof and Beats (for wife)

PLP
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    331 times
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesquik View Post
    Wow this is for the veloster, I hope this is not the same for the forte.
    Engines are basically same.
    Drives:
    2016 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, A/T ("cheap GTI" - surprises many drivers) - SOLD... Some OEM and aftermarket parts left after... see my FS thread in market section.
    2014 FIAT 500e (my first EV - awesome toy!!)
    2015 AUDI Q5 (for wife...)
    2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD with Roof and Beats (for wife)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Yes but clearance inside the engine bay is different.

Also maintenance was always done at dealership. Also in the book, they say to change the iridium sparks plug at 168k on the cars.

Name:  2019-10-17_11h36_38.png
Views: 29
Size:  87.6 KB
    Last edited by charlesquik; 10-17-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    Hopefully we do have more clearance...
    Can you get an injector out without pulling the intake manifold? I can't remember exactly how that is all set up.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    Spark plugs on my 2015 are supposed to be replace every 45k miles. Not that it matters that much since this is an injector issue.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    If anyone know any kia mechanic, can you ask them what the procedure to remove the fuel rack where the injector are located?

Thank you,

Charles

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    In case you don't find an answer, https://repair.chiltondiy.com/Pub/DI...epair&b=127005

Haynes and chilton manuals have been, in my experience, very helpful. I haven't seen the one for our car but $30/1 year isnt awful. But I do wonder if you can still get a book or if theyre all online now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors