New 2020 Forte GT. Y?
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

New 2020 Forte GT. Y?

This is a discussion on New 2020 Forte GT. Y? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Kia Forte Forum category; I still don't know how I got my username btw. So I had a bearing go out on my 2015 Forte5 SX and the rental ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By forteturbo

Thread: New 2020 Forte GT. Y?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

New 2020 Forte GT. Y?

I still don't know how I got my username btw.

So I had a bearing go out on my 2015 Forte5 SX and the rental car guy I had drive me back to the dealer mentioned I look at the new Forte S because I said I was looking at the new Veloster N. I don't think he realized what the N was in terms of specs so I played nice. He told me about the new 2020 Forte GT which I haven't heard of yet. I got excited, got home, looked it up. I was thinking it was going to maybe just MAYBE be a N motor in a Forte. Boi, was I wrong.

A re branded Koup sedan? Why would you literally put the 1.6t in a four door Forte after you remove the Koup lineup? Why not make a slimmer and lighter weight Koup? Why not just add the GT branding but have kept the Koup? The last Koup looked AMAZING! What even is this? This kind of thinking makes me so sad and nervous that automakers don't put their money in the right spots. Why have the Stinger GT and make it only in an automatic? Why not put the Veloster N motor in the Forte5 as well and have the same tech? That leaves the Veloster N with aggressive styling and looks and the Forte5 with its sleeper-like college student hot hatch design.

My brother like my 2015 so much he got himself a Dual Clutch 2018 Forte5 SX.

The saddest part though? I go into a dealership and they still, STILL, don't know the SX trim is available on the Forte5. STILL!

I notice in Forte GT reviews some people don't even know that this has been done before by Kia. the 201 HP motor isn't new....

Why is our car so unrecognized but yet it is such a great bang for your buck, fun, and fast as balls in the right hands on some curves.
    PLP likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The Forte5 N exists, but in Europe as the Hyundai i30 N. Same variable exhaust, variable suspension and throttle response, 2.0L turbo ~275HP with a 6speed manual.
    Just doesn't want it to cross the pond it seems.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors