Gnarkill's Forte 5 Turbo
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Gnarkill's Forte 5 Turbo

This is a discussion on Gnarkill's Forte 5 Turbo within the Kia Forte Turbo Builds forums, part of the Kia Forte Forum category; Hey everyone, I figure I've been lurking here long enough it's time for a build thread! I bought my 2016 Forte 5 Turbo back in ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Gnarkill

Thread: Gnarkill's Forte 5 Turbo

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times

Gnarkill's Forte 5 Turbo

Hey everyone, I figure I've been lurking here long enough it's time for a build thread!

I bought my 2016 Forte 5 Turbo back in November and TBH is my second car I've ever owned. My first was a 2011 Kia Rio 5 (demo) but once the engine started to go in late 2016 it was time to trade up. Fortunately the dealership paid me what I owed on the Rio and that meant it was time for something a little more fun! I love hatchbacks and wanted something comparable to Si or GTI but a little less mainstream. In comes this beautiful red beast.

Once I purchased her I realized how fun this practical little hatchback could be.

Then I found you monsters and realized there was so much more I could do!

Meet Serenity, day one.

First thing I wanted to do was swap out the Emblems, I figured it's cheap and the Forte is unique enough looking that some heads would turn wondering what this was. I went with the K5Optima Store Black Out Edition Emblems in Carbon Fibre.

After the emblems I decided I wanted to do something to effect performance. I did my research listened to the community and decided to order the SXTH Element Engineering Short Ram Intake. Surprisingly this was one of the easiest installs I've ever done, the only pain was that the pipe connects to the back, making it difficult for my monster hands.

Next came some flare pieces. Some engine dress bolts, a Mishimoto carbon fibre rad cap and a Kinetic Motorsports oil cap. I wanted the service guys to pop the hood of this (at the time) sleeper and go "woah!"

Now it was time for another big purchase... I reached out to a bunch of exhaust shops looking for job quotes but I guess no one wanted my business. I did some searching online and settled on the Evilla Motorsports Axle Back Exhaust. Let me tell you Eli is amazing, any questions about his products and he'll get back to you same or next day.

Out with the old

In with the new!

Overall I am very happy with the exhaust, tone is great and welds were the same quality as OEM. The Magnaflow muffler let's just the right noises through.

Now I feel like I can hang with the Gennies that seem to run this city.

Between the SRI, blow off and exhaust, she snarls like a pissed off animal... and I like it!

Today marks another addition. Thanks to some help on the forum I found the ijdmtoy licence plate tow hook mount.

It installed in like five minutes and adds an even sportier look to the car for relatively cheap, it also frees up some room for when the time comes to do some intercooler work!

So far, that's it!

Thanks for taking the time to read more posts to come.

If any of you are in KW, we should meet up/ cruise sometime!

Brian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gnarkill; 07-25-2017 at 04:44 PM.
    staax and PLP like this.
    2016 Forte5 SX Racing Red
    SXTH Element Engineering Short Ram Intake
    Evilla Motorsports Axle Back Exhaust
    3.0 K Emblem Set "Black Edition"
    Mishimoto Carbon Fiber Radiator Cap
    Kinetic Motorsports Oil Cap
    K5OS Engine Dress Bolts

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Serenity, huh? FireFly fan?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times

Gnarkill's Forte 5 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 2014Forte5 View Post
    Serenity, huh? FireFly fan?
    I aim to misbehave

K5OS Engine Dress Bolts

4. Remove Advertisements
    ForteTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Been a while since an update, figured I should show some additions. Havenít done much to the car since last update but I did get married and bought a second property, so life is good.

I added some EZ Lip to the front bumper to add to the red and black theme and make the front look a little more aggressive. Itís held up really well and made it though an Ontario winter without issue. It has some flex too so if you graze a curb or something you donít have to stress about it.

I picked up some Storm Lowering Springs from my Korean parts hookup and had them installed over the summer. It helped fill those wells a little and actually helped with the handling a bit. She feels more planted in the corners and roundabouts. Only downside is definitely a stiffer ride. Doesnít bother me, but people notice right away.

Finally the big one! I picked up some new Fifteen52 Integrale rims in 18x8.5. They look fantastic! The 8.5 over the stock 7.5 give the stock Nexen tires a bit of stretch and fill the wells nicely. This is literally the jewelry of my car. People pick me out locally all the time. Before I was the crooked plate. Now Iím the Forte52. There are only 2 or 3 Forte 5ís in my colour locally but none look like this.

Thatís about it. Iím looking to redo the exhaust at some point, since we may have some changes to emission testing here straight pipes might be a thing in the near future. FMIC is also high on the list.

Keep it real all!

Brian

K5OS Engine Dress Bolts

Member #
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarkill View Post
    Been a while since an update, figured I should show some additions. Haven’t done much to the car since last update but I did get married and bought a second property, so life is good.

I added some EZ Lip to the front bumper to add to the red and black theme and make the front look a little more aggressive. It’s held up really well and made it though an Ontario winter without issue. It has some flex too so if you graze a curb or something you don’t have to stress about it.

I picked up some Storm Lowering Springs from my Korean parts hookup and had them installed over the summer. It helped fill those wells a little and actually helped with the handling a bit. She feels more planted in the corners and roundabouts. Only downside is definitely a stiffer ride. Doesn’t bother me, but people notice right away.

Finally the big one! I picked up some new Fifteen52 Integrale rims in 18x8.5. They look fantastic! The 8.5 over the stock 7.5 give the stock Nexen tires a bit of stretch and fill the wells nicely. This is literally the jewelry of my car. People pick me out locally all the time. Before I was the crooked plate. Now I’m the Forte52. There are only 2 or 3 Forte 5’s in my colour locally but none look like this.

That’s about it. I’m looking to redo the exhaust at some point, since we may have some changes to emission testing here straight pipes might be a thing in the near future. FMIC is also high on the list.

Keep it real all!

Brian

I couldn't find where you got your duel axle back from. I checked Evilla Motorsports Axle Back Exhaust and only found single, do I need to buy 2 singles for my 2015 forte 5 sx?

Btw sexy car, just bought mine and I'm kinda on the same track as you but just starting

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Looks good man!
    You're inspiring me to get some ez lip. Did you just install it with the double sided tape or did you use screws?
    Also inspiring me to slap a "shiny" decal on the my rear window. lol

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonzo955 View Post
    I couldn't find where you got your duel axle back from. I checked Evilla Motorsports Axle Back Exhaust and only found single, do I need to buy 2 singles for my 2015 forte 5 sx?

Btw sexy car, just bought mine and I'm kinda on the same track as you but just starting
    Not sure if this is what he has or not.
    https://www.845motorsports.com/shop/...rte-axle-back/

There's not a lot of straight bolt on axle backs available. A lot of exhaust work is custom.
    I had been planning on getting a bolt on axle-back but instead I had a shop make me a midpipe for for $100. Eliminates the 2nd cat and the sound is honestly perfect for my taste if not slightly too loud (at least on cold starts).

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors