It's German, right......??
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on It's German, right......?? within the Kia Forte Turbo vs The Competition forums, part of the Kia Forte Forum category; I've seen lots of members post about their 5 or Koup being mistaken for something more expensive / European. It had never happened to me ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: It's German, right......??

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times

I've seen lots of members post about their 5 or Koup being mistaken for something more expensive / European. It had never happened to me (I've owned my Koup for 18 months) and then in the last three weeks it's happened three times, including twice today!! First, my sister-in-law (who lives offshore) saw my Koup at Christmas and thought it was a Lexus, and then today outside the home handy-man store two people (on separate occasions) asked what the car was - one of them said to me "It's German, right?". It's a little unfair because I'm running the broken K badges, so it doesn't say Kia anywhere, but it's still really nice to hear other people think my baby could be a Lexus, or is German made. Says a lot for the styling of the car that it prompts that sort of reaction.

Of course, I don't really care what others think it is - I love that it is unique (I've seen only two other Koups on the road) and that, in my view, it looks hot, and she has a bit of poke when needed. But, it's still nice to think that others are admiring your ride .

Happy New Year (hmm, bit late) to the Forum members - look forward to reading what everyone gets up to in 2016 with their 5 / Koup. Hopefully some time this year I'll have some funds free to explore some mods.......
    Forte5 likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Not sure if I was at the same Menards you were at Johno, but I have all the KIA badges on there and this one lady was like, "It's a cute looking car!" I think she was hitting on me, but then again all women want me right? But yeah, it IS nice to see the styling gets noticed. Not sure if it's "cute" but no publicity is bad publicity, right?
    Johno and Forte5 like this.
    #Fear the K!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    i met my dad at the grocery store today and he has an older corvette but as we're about to walk into the store i look back and tell him "damn, its sad that my kia looks better than your corvette." he laughed it off but if there we 2 cars i could pick from than it would be the kia for sure
    Forte5 and Johno like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ForteTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    More than once my car has been mistaken for a prius.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    962 times
    I constantly get asked if my car is a new sportier version of the CH200 Hybrid from Lexus. No sorry I am not driving a save the planet car right now lol
    Johno and drc69 like this.
    15 F5 A/T , 6th intake, Rev Motorsports 75A & 65A dogbone bushings, Second cat delete, Custom FMIC, 2.5" exhaust with Pypes muffler, TurboSmart Vee Port Pro , 2 ADD W1 catch cans, Transmission Cooler, DEI Wrapped intake, Custom 3"-2.5" lower intake pipe, Oil Cooler (needs to be installed), TB coolant bypass, Tork Motorsports tuned, Prosport boost gauge, NST lightweight pulleys, 60mm TB, Storm lowering springs, 3" single exit axle back.
    Instagram: Forte5t
    Team Hybrid

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lephoenix View Post
    More than once my car has been mistaken for a prius.
    Oh dear - ouch!

Member #
    Vancouver, not B.C., Washington, Not D.C.
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    A running joke on the GTI forums was about a few people having theirs mistaken for a Yaris lol.
    2015 Aurora Black Forte5 SX Manual

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Lol. Yeah. At least the newish prius' don't actually look that bad. I can't stand them by their styling is ok.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Forte5 View Post
    I constantly get asked if my car is a new sportier version of the CH200 Hybrid from Lexus. No sorry I am not driving a save the planet car right now lol
    There's nothing wrong with a sporty hybrid. I would totally rock one. Instant peak torque? Yeah that sounds nice to me. I was super excited about the crz until it actually came out.

Member #
    Member #
    Well, the Forte was designed by a German, Peter Schreyer. "Technically" could say it's German... bankrolled and fully assembled via Korea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors